- Hits: 1444
There were two groups of O'Kelly's in Co Kilkenny :
1. The O'Kelly's of Magh Mail occupied an area west of the Barrow. This area is now known as the barony of Gowran.
2. The O'Kelly's of Ui Bearrchon occupied an area in south east of the present County west of the River Barrow, now in the northern portion of the barony of Ida. Rev. Malachy Kelly, the great scholar and translator of Lynch's "Cambrensis Eversis", was of Kilkenny stock.